1. We admitted we were powerless over our problems, and that our lives had
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to
the care of GOD as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to GOD, to ourselves, and to another human
being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have GOD remove all these
defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing
to make amends to them all.
9. made direct amends to such
people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were
wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious
contact with GOD as we understood Him, praying only for the knowledge of His
will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these
steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.